Telephone 020 8455 2184
About the Club and Club History
The Temple Fortune Club is a thriving club which offers Tennis, Bowls and Squash in North West London. We are a friendly club run by members for members and welcome all ages, young and old alike.
The club was established in 1922. Tennis, Bowls and Squash partake in a full range of internal and external competitions with coaching available in all sections.
We offer a variety of memberships: single section and multi section for juniors, students and adults with discounts available for family memberships (3 or more family members).
THE CLUB OFFERS
- 6 tennis courts, of which 4 are artificial grass and 2 are macadam hard courts, 5 of these are floodlit
- 2 squash courts, which were refurbished in 2018
- A full size bowling green, open from April to September
- A very spacious and comfortable clubhouse.
- A fully licensed bar
- A Full Time Chef serving delicious meals every day.
- A very spacious and newly modernised club room available for Hire.
2016 Courts 1, 2 and 3 resurfaced In Tigerturf Advantage Pro
2016 Full Refurbishment of the Bowls Pavillion
2014 Court 4 resurfaced with PLAYRIGHT WINNER 15
2013 The bowls green had the edges lifted and a new irrigation system installed
2013 Court 5&6 re painted and repaired
2013 Court 5 had floodlights installed, with a special evening to opening the new courts
2013 Held an exhibition doubles with David Rice, world number 300
2013 Alex Kolesnikow took over as Head Coach of the Junior Section
2012 The whole Clubhouse was refurbished as we were awarded a BIFFA grant
2012 Squash courts refurbished
2011 The Temple Fortune Club was awarded LTA CLUBMARK status
2010 Court 1,2 and 3 had there floodlights modernised
2009 New fencing was installed around the courts
2006 John Perenti, Temple Fortune Club’s full time chef started work
2005 New Macadam courts laid on courts 5 & 6
2004 Ala Tehrani took over as Head Coach of the Junior Section
2000 Under 14 boys won Nation Club championship
1993-1996 James Ward, world number 150 was a member here
1992 Sharon Bitel took over as Head Coach
1990 Tennis court artificial grass courts laid
1980 Tennis court floodlighting planning permission obtained
1976 Mixed changing rooms during building works
1973 Ladies accepted to the bowls section
1972 Squash section full
1970 Toilets shared by both males and females as new dressing rooms are built
1970 Excess land sold to finance squash courts
1962 Fruit machine income exceeds subscription income
1955 First open junior tennis tournament held
1950 Ladies changing rooms receive hot water
1945 Pavilion used as home-guard headquarters during the Second World War
1932 Club Pavilion rebuilt
1922 Temple Fortune Club formed. The costs of almost £6,000 were financed by ex-officers from the first world war